Saturday, January 14, 2012

"The Writer's Workout" Day 10 - a brain stretch; getting ready to write

Get Warm! (I started with some lunges and decided to run the marathon!)

First, let me start by saying that I think my original goal of completing this in just a year was a little obtuse of me.  On Tuesday, Jan 10th, I started the 10th day of my Writer's Workout and was absolutely outmaneuvered by my muse.  Let me explain...

Day 10 is about warming up your brain to do some writing and Christina Katz has some wonderful ways to get you jump started. It was merely a simply exercise of answering questions.  But the questions she listed gave me some wonderful insight into things that I could write.  And to make a long story short.... I did.  So I didn't get on here Tuesday night to let you know how it was going because by the time my husband told me to go to bed, it was 3:53a.m. and I had to wake up for my day job at 6:30.

Wednesday, I came home so ecstatic to get back to writing, it took the kids hounding me to fix them dinner.  With regards to the story, it was coming along nicely and with just a few hours of sleep the night before, I found myself typing away and falling asleep behind my keyboard at 1:22.  Which of course led my husband to wake me up gently and again tell me to go to bed...

But, though I missed the day per exercise routine that I wanted to aim to hit this year, I'm sure that maybe there will be an exercise or two that I can do on the same day to hopefully catch up.  Besides, I don't regret the writing.  That's what writer's do, Right?

Lisa Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment