Sunday, October 16, 2011

NaNoWriMo is just around the bend

So, I've half attempted a NaNoWriMo before, but let life get in the way after about three days.  I know, lame on my part. But this year, I have jumped the gun.  I've signed up for NaNoWriMo this year and have already written my hook.  This I'm sure will help me on my writing path, along with the outline that I plan to work up in the next 16 days. 

The goal is 50,000 words of course, but I'm actually striving for around 60-85,000.  It will be hard, but I'm sure that if I have the target in mind, I'll hit my mark. 

I can write about 1600 words in an hour.  So If I write for about an hour and a half a day, I should be able to write 2400 words a day.  24000 times 30 and I'm looking at 72,000.  I think that's a safe number for my YA romance.  (Read more about it on my "Works in Progress" page.)

Good luck to all my WriMo friends and may we all supersede our goals.
Lisa Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment