Sunday, October 23, 2011

I am a writer.... I wrote today.

I don't know if I read it somewhere recently, or if I heard it on a great WD webinar I've recently attended, but the statement went something like this... "If you call our self a writer, then that means you have written today." 

I have tried for years to get into a writing habit where I was writing at least 30 minutes a day.  (Key word there is TRIED.)  Needless to say, I failed.  I allowed one thing or another to get in the way of my writing time.  Easy to let happen with a full time job, five kids, a hubby, and other work requirements that are meant to be handled while I'm off work.  Yet, I realize all these are excuses so when I say, "I didn't write today because..." I can feel like I let myself off the hook.  As the English would say, "Bullocks!"

I know I read somewhere of a man who made an effort to write every day... even if it was one word.  That way, even if the absolute minimum was the case in point, he at least had written 365 more words toward the end of his novel.  (At least that's something!  Better than the nothing I've dealt with sometimes!)

So today, I can call myself a writer.  And I hope you can, too.  Because writers actually "WRITE".
Lisa Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment