Friday, June 13, 2014

Review of "Honeymoon Trespassers" by Sally Max

What's New to Review ~ Wednesday (Week Long Special Edition)

Good evening, everyone. Let me preface this post with, I love technology (except when I hate it.) The e-reader revolution has been an amazing thing to watch and be a part of. Though once I was a hard core physical book reader who smelled the pages and caressed each spine, I have transitioned into an ebook reader almost completely. I've been able to read amazing authors that I never would have even heard of with traditional printed books, my house is becoming less cluttered, and (just because I need another reason that sounds viable) I feel like I'm conserving trees and the environment. Okay, maybe that last one was a little far fetched for me, but some Earth conscious people really believe it. I guess I sort of do... maybe? Anyhow, today I went to read today's flirt and found my Acer was only 2% power. Okay, time to charge. No big deal. I can still read and charge at the same time. (Or so I thought.) Yep, couldn't find the charger. UGGHHH! I just wanted to read! But, speaking of the reading, I finally did find the charger and read.... so here it is!

The Book:

Released March 21st, 2014, "Honeymoon Trespassers" by sally Max is considered a Sweet Romance with a heat rating of two. I'm not sure if I would agree with the "Sweet Romance" part of this. Most sweet romances I've read have either closed door sex, light kissing, that type of thing. This short story has an explicit love scene with some frank language. I only include this as a warning to some. It doesn't take away from the book at all. I just believe that it should have been labeled as a regular romance. This cover for the Sweet Romance line of Flirts has bright red petals that are beautiful. Coming in at just over 2k. This was the quickest read of the Flirt line so far. It took me only twelve minutes, perfect for a half hour lunch break!

The Plot:

Have you ever done something that you knew you could regret? These honeymooners are all about trying to sneak away from the Caribbean crowds to have a little play time on their own. Everything is going well, and really... what could go wrong? (ummm... maybe everything?) The setting is the Caribbean, and more than anything you have to watch the weather, right? Well, now there is a predicament!

The Verdict:

This was a cute short read. The opposites of the couple had me nodding my head, as my own husband and I are like this at times. And living on the East Coast under the constant threat of hurricanes, I can tell you that the scenario provided by Ms. Max could definitely happen. I loved the description that she gave of the water and the wind. Having experienced it myself before personally, I can assure you that her description was dead on. Brilliant. As I said above, this was a cute short read and I would recommend it for anyone looking for a mid-day break. But, let's get to the rating....
It's a "Four Cups of Love" read!

Get your copy at these locations for just .99
(And don't forget to use your coupon if you have one on the BP website!)
 

To wrap up our week, I'll be posting one more Flirt review tomorrow evening. My niece is graduating, so I'll be a little busy in the morning and afternoon! But, PLEASE Come check the review out! Until then, Keep reading!
~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment