Monday, June 9, 2014

A review of "Eat Dessert First" by Brantwijn Serrah

What's New to Review ~ Wednesday! (Week Long Special Edition)

So, it's not Wednesday yet. I know, I know. But... I have decided to make this week special and hopefully, I can keep it up going all week. This week, I'm feeling especially delicious because it's the last week of school! My kids all passed those stupid tests last week, and I am less than two weeks awake from Disney World with my family!

My celebratory week will be a week that I've decided to FLIRT with you! Wondering what a Flirt is? Well, it's a short story category put out by Breathless Press that has stories that range from 2k-8k. They're only .99 a piece AND each and every FLIRT has a 50% off coupon to buy another flirt and a 20% off to buy any other book off their website. AWESOMESAUCE!  Without further ado, (since I just had my dinner) let's start with the first title of the week...

The Book

"Eat Dessert First" is a very short read. Coming in at just 2.5k it was one of the quickest things I could get my hands on. A mere twenty minutes later, and I was done. (Perfect while waiting at a doctor's office.) It is from the LGBT line and you can tell that by the rainbow rose petals on the cover. Each Flirt category has the same basic design and the colors of the petals help distinguish the category, but if you are ever in doubt about what you're getting, each category is also tagged on the cover of the book as well.

The Plot

Hmmm. This will be harder with the Flirt category of books, because as you may have guessed, there's not a whole lot of plot. Each of these stories are basically a scene or two with motivating characters and some fun thrown in. Trust me, this one doesn't disappoint. As you may have guessed from the title, we're discussing food. The setting is a kitchen, and oh my... my... I forgot all the sexual connotations that can be associated with cooking. After this read, I seemed to remember them ALL!

It is an LGBT romance, and it is a m/m read. Beautifully executed, I believe and truly realistic.

The Verdict?

Yum! Yum! Yum! Sexy characters, fun in the kitchen, and it's all about the dessert... hehe. Well, what else can I say, this particular story definitely satisfied my appetite for a quick lusty read.  Yep, You could have guessed it.....
It's a "Five Cups of Love" read!

Get your copy at these locations for just .99
(And don't forget to use your coupon if you have one on the BP website!)


Pass on the goods that are on this page and until TOMORROW, keep reading!
~Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment