Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Review of "Erasing Shadows-Book One" by K.D. Rose

What's New to Review~Wednesday! 

Good afternoon, everyone and Happy New Year! This past year was filled with some wonderful writing accomplishments. The release of my 1st book "The Legionnaire's Prize" was just a year ago on January 18th, 2013. Since then, I have released five more books, and have had two more accepted. I have also met some amazing talented writers, editors, and worked with some great publishers. The New Year is already looking up. I have a submission due tonight at midnight for another anthology with another publishing house, have signed up for a live class at my local college, and am attending a virtual 4 week class as well. Not to mention, this wonderful blog. My "What's New to Review!~ Wednesday" is scheduled through to at least through the end of March. I am getting to read some wonderful authors and I hope get to pass on some information to you as well. So without further ado...

The book: Erasing Shadows - Book One

When Ms. KD Rose asked me to review her newest release, I was hesitant. As those of you who follow my review days know, I am a novella reader generally. My life is incredibly busy and I only have time for small escapes from reality. But this 52k manuscript is about just that, so I had to give it a try. I am so glad I did! Yes, it took me a little longer to read with the holidays, family life and social gatherings, but it was well worth it. This novel is considered a young adult, or new adult piece of work and that suits me just fine. Having been a middle school Language Arts teacher for some time, I spent a vast majority of my school year reading new Middle Grades and Young Adult books to keep up with trends and recommend books to my students. This is a book that I would LOVE to recommend to some of them!

I don't want to ruin it so instead of giving my usual synopsis, I would like to leave you the author's blurb about the book.

Author's Blurb:

What if to save the ones you love, you had to unlock the key to a different reality?

Generations of mystery smash together when a seemingly traditional family must shatter their illusions of normality to confront themselves and their friends, leaving no possibility unexplored in order to rescue—well, who exactly? Watch the Ross family, the High Five Gang, and multiple generations dig into an innovative explosion of imagination where they must confront numerous realities, real-world danger, and worst of all—their own teenage hormones!

In a place where nothing is as it seems and shocks are around every corner, even the people you thought you knew may find themselves strangers in this moving and provocative reality-bender. With breathless pacing and psychological intrigue, Erasing: Shadows and the High Five Gang will keep you guessing until the very end.

The Verdict?

It's a "Four Cups of Love" read! 
 
KD Rose does an absolutely amazing job at world building here. The alternate realities explored in this novel have been well crafted. The Astral Plain becomes a living a breathing entity in the work and the characters are completely developed. With a large cast, Ms. Rose ensures that each character is fully formed and a believable character. So why four cups? Well, I love time travel scenarios. But, the amount of "age" play in this novel had me re-reading a few parts to understand something. It is evident that Ms. Rose is an extremely educated woman and she has done plenty of research in these scientific areas. I am definitely looking forward to the next installment and hope that it is as complex in plot as this one!

So where can you get your copy?

Lycaon Press
All Romance EBooks
BookStrand
Amazon

Come back next week when I will be reviewing "A Winning Streak" by Tea Cooper.
Until then, happy reading and Happy New Year!
~Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment