Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review of "For the Love of Murphy" a Sweet Romance Anthology

What's New to Review ~ Wednesday!

Good morning, friends! It's another wonderful Wednesday here in North Carolina and this week I've had the great joy of reading a little selection in paperback! For the Love of Murphy is the second anthology that I've been in that has been converted to print, and there was something about flipping the pages of my own book that warmed me in my cozy little bed last night. So without further ado!

The Book:

A collective work from five separate romance authors, "For the Love of Murphy" was released March 17th, 2014 by Roane Publishing in both ebook and print. With the theme of "Murphy's Law" and whatever can go wrong will, each story uses the bad luck of our main characters to drive the stories forward and lead them to their happily ever afters. Complete at just over 200 pages, this short anthology provides a few hours of escape into the world of sweet romance.

The Stories: 

No Wrong Turns- by Lisa A. Adams: I generally don't review my own books as I feel there is too much bias going on. Of course I love my own story. Hopefully you will too. The heroine of the story is leaving her old life behind, and in a quirky series of "Murphy" events, she winds up stranded. Our hero may have what it takes to assure her that good can come from disaster, but he would have to be a seriously special man. Can Sean live up to the challenge?

Falling for You- by Michelle Ziegler: Down trodden and depressed after her hit and run at the wedding alter a year ago, Darci has gone into hiding. With the help of her best friend, she has no choice to rejoin life after her friend signs her up for an online dating service. With the string of bad luck and "Murphy" guiding her towards relationship embarrassments, Darci can't help but think about the one man from her past that got away years ago. Love lost and rekindled is one of my favorite themes in romance. Mrs. Ziegler does an excellent job of pulling you into the relationship between the heroine and her best friend. And, truth be told, I was dying to get to the end of this one. I knew something big was about to happen, and Ms. Zieglar gave me exactly what I had hoped for. This was a great short story and I hope to read more from the author very soon.

Coffee and Cufflinks- by Anabelle Blume: Olivia is a successful business woman who is about to lose everything. Through no fault of her own, things keep messing up at work and she's taking the hits. The only thing left is to appease the client. Schmoozing and total butt-kissing is in order. Unfortunately, the client is a prick. Thank God for small miracles like coffee in the morning and a gentle soul that can perk up your day for just five minutes. But can just five minutes counter balance the other messes in her life? Absolutely not. How can her business life and her personal life ever blend together? Just wait and see. I absolutely am enthralled with Ms. Blume's use of description of the women at the bar. So spot on and accurate, that I found myself shaking my head and laughing at the heroine and her best friend. I love when scenes come alive in your mind because the story telling is that good. Congrats Ms. Blume!

A Slippery Slope- by Rebecca Hart: Let me preface this with, yes, I'm published in this anthology. Yes, I love my own story and think it's great. That being said, this story was my favorite of the bunch. Maybe because I felt an immediate connection with the heroine, Anne. The story telling was amazing, the female friends were perfect, and the man... Um yes! I'll take one please! You have to read this cute story. In fact... I think I'll read it again after I'm done here.

The Shamrock Incident- by London St. James: Wow, Ms. St. James had me from the start. Setting in Charlotte, North Carolina. Check. Flower Shop like the one I used to work at. Check. Assembly line rush orders, chaotic deliveries, and sheer trouble waiting around the corner. Check, check. check. I was so caught up in this story, I think I read it the fastest. Ms. St. James has already established herself as an amazing author and has proven that fact once again with this short sweet story.

The Verdict:

The whole of the anthology left me wanting for nothing. Even at a heat level one, all of the authors have put in enough sensual excitement that you are waiting for glorious moment. All of these stories live up to that challenge leaving your heart skipping and a smile across your face, just as a powerful kiss is shared. Promises of things to come keep your mind wandering for hours, thinking about the endless possibilities between these couples. I'm sure you already know the verdict, but to make it official....
It's a "Five Cups of Love" read! 
Purchase your copy at these locations $4.99 ebook and $13.99 print

Until next week, happy reading!
~Lisa


3 comments:

  1. Love this review :) (What's not to) -- Thanks for reviewing it, and for adding your amazing story to the mix!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic cover! Congratulations on the release.

    ReplyDelete