Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Goals and Help WANTED!

Remarkably, this has been the longest time it has taken for me to put together a first draft. I've always been quick with my actual writing process, ranging anywhere from 2 or 3 days to 2 weeks. This novella took me 7 weeks to write.

I had a wonderful partial outline and jumped right into it. Then came Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and all the wonderful twists that Murphy threw in as surprises. However, I realized the problem wasn't really with all those things. It was with my outline and the way I had intended my story to go.

Several changes, "a-ha" moments, and a half complete outline for another book later, I finally figured out my problem. (I wasn't ending it like a romance should.) Note taken, drive on!

The last two chapters came to me easily and took me about 6 days to write. Although those days were packed with more of Murphy's little tricks, I still think I could have finished it must faster.

So where is this all going?

I need help from you guys to hold me accountable. 


START new piece Monday, January 14th. 
COMPLETE 1st DRAFT - Monday January 28th.
COMPLETE editing - Thursday, January 31st
SUBBED - Friday, February 1st!

Your job?

Bug me, annoy me, rant and rave, call me an idiot for not doing what I love to do anyhow, pester me about my progress and my book every step of the way. Make me be accountable to you guys to write on track and on target. I need your help guys, and I'll be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment