Camp NaNo is the exact same thing as the regular NaNo, but instead of fumbling around holidays, you get to choose which month you want... June or August. Or if you are the over zealous writer, then you can participate and win in all three!
I've tried twice to do the regular NaNo and failed miserably. So, for June, my first CampNaNo writing isn't for a full novel, but for a 15,000 word novella that has a call open for it and is due by July 1st.
Here's the plan...
- June 1-14 Write, WRite, WRITE! complete my novella in 2 weeks. Definitely doable as I have done it before.
- June 15-20 Down time from Novella. Let it rest.. don't take a peak. Use this week to write next short 750 word story for magazine.
- June 21 - Submit short story for mag to Highlights. (If I've heard news back from the other one..)
- June 22- 30 - Edit, edit EDIT! Re-Write if I have to! Re-Read again!
- July 1st - submit novella to Avon Impulse
- July 2-6 week off or begin next story for Avon Impulse.... that's the questions right now.
Lisa A. Adams